Location: [USS Holder Homepage] [USS Holder - Reunions] USS Holder - USS Holder 29th Annual Reunion 2007
USS Holder Association's 29th Annual Reunion
dd1 October 2007 through dd5 October 2007
The shipmates of the ships named USS Holder DE401, DD819, and DDE819 came together in Tucson, AZ at the HOTEL/RESORT for their 29th reunion.
Events of the 29th USS Holder Reunion
Thursday, dd1 October 2007
Events kicked off Thursday evening with a very superb and extensive Taco Bar at our Hotel.
Friday, dd2 October 2007
- In the morning we were underway for a tour at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base where we viewed thousands of Airforce and Navy aircraft in a “mothball” state resting quietly for potential reuse. Also there, was the “Pick-and-Pull Boneyard” of spare parts for aircraft.
- Friday night we enjoyed a comedic version of Robin Hood at the Gaslight Theatre in Tucson along with a Laugh-in reenactment of the old TV show... Very Interesting!
Saturday, dd3 October 2007
- We went to the Arizona Desert Museum. Docents walked us through trails showing us the indigenous plantlife and reluctant zoo animals including snakes.
- On the return to our hotel we stopped by San Xavier Mission circa 1700. It was literally a religious and cultural oasis in a desert land. It has withstood the centuries fairly well.
Sunday, dd4 October 2007
0700 - 1000 - This morning we had our memorial service at the gazebo on the hotel lawn honoring those who have supremely transferred during this pass year. Following the service we conducted our business meeting where discussions included subsequent year’s reunions.
- The afternoon tour took us to the Sabino Canyon. National park rangers narrated as they drove us on a tram explaining the topography and life in this canyon setting.
- Sunday evening we had enjoyable dinners at our banquet dinner at the hotel featuring our annual raffle sales, which helps the funding of our events. A special treat to us was the entertainment. It consisted of a group of young, handpicked student musicians ranging in ages from 10-15 years. They are called Mariache Tesoro. All were virtuosos and indeed treasure with their abilities.
Monday, dd5 October 2007
- Farewells and check-out.
|Last Name||First Name||Rate/Rank||On Board Holder|
was last Modified: 24 July 2008
If you have questions or comments, please e-mail Doug Dame
This page was created by Doug Dame Sr.